Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Quito


After my smug journey to the beach Ellie had her sweet revenge on the way back to Quito, the bus was freezing! So cold there was no way of falling asleep and I could feel my mood darkening we will say…..
So there was Ellie fast asleep in her big hooded top, all I could do was stare at her and refrain from poking things up her nose! As I looked around at all the other self-satisfied passengers that seem to know more than me with their coats/hats/ gloves and even sleeping bags, I felt hatred for the rest of the world. However, we made it to Quito at 6am and things started to get better. We went straight to the hostel where I will be working for the next couple of months, Luis was up and waiting for us like the superstar he is! After a couple of hour’s sleep I started my first shift and loved it, there are some great staff members here and wicked guests. We fitted straight in and started to smile again.
Quito seems to be a bit rougher around the edges than Lima but I can see me really enjoying my last couple of months here, so far I have only been around the old town, which is beautiful. Life seems to be at a much slower pace and the people so far have been very friendly.
I am finally starting to look forward to what life is going to bring me.




No comments:

Post a Comment