Thursday, January 24, 2013

The 9-5 in Quito


So life in Quito is going well, I am getting to know the city and even working out the buses. The best bit is they don’t lie to you like in Lima, because the buses are privately owned they just want you to get on and pay. So after asking ‘ do you go to Salamanca?’ and getting the confident answer of ‘ Si, Claro’ ie- whatever just get on! Then again asking ‘ Do you really go to Salamanca?’ Some at this point just say no I lied but you can go to San Jaun on this bus…… Er no I still want to go to Salamanca.
Anyway back to Quito, so life in the hostel is great. The work is fun and meeting new people is always a bonus, although there are a lot of Americans and I am finding myself saying things like Super, Sooooo Cute and other equally annoying things. Here are some pics and a link to the web page.




Updating and Writing for the South American Explorers is super cool ( see what I mean!) no it is very interesting. Again its great to hear everyone’s story as they come through Quito, only problem is everyone is English speaking so I am not practising any Spanish apart for on the buses…. Someone once told me if I want a laugh I have to ask an American what nationality they are, the answers always go something like this-  14% Irish, 33% Italian, 21% Colombian, 32% Lithuanian, 18% English, now I am not being ignorant to the history of America but the totals are always over 100%! Try it next time you meet an American.   
      

No comments:

Post a Comment