Saturday, January 19, 2013

Eating Cuy AKA Guinea pig


When I first came to South America two years ago Andy and I tried Cuy AKA Guinea Pig in Arequipa, we did hold a slight bit of guilt when picturing our previous childhood pets. However, this passed and we ordered one of our fluffy little friends cooked over a wood fire with rice and potato’s ( as every dish in Peru seems to come with both carbs). I have to say I quite liked it and as with anything unusual it tasted of chicken, in Africa I also ate crocodile and you guessed it- Chicken! Not sure it will be something I will be ordering again as I found I was still hungry, I remember Mr fluffy ( think he was pet number 2 after I managed not to kill the goldfish) having much more meat on him…. Not that I ate him!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment