Monday, January 21, 2013

Cheeky Weekend in Banos


I did mange to behave a little better than last time….. no pole dancing!
So with 2 days off work Crystal and I headed to Terminal Quitumbe and living properly on the edge try to work out the local buses instead of taking a taxi. We only stood at the wrong stop for 20 mins before someone told us where we should be, not bad going and only looked like stupid gringas for a short period.
Once on the bus to Banos I finally get to see the beautiful landscape outside Quito ( if you remember last time I was heading into hangover day 2 and slept the whole way), this road passes Cotopaxi Volcano which dominates the view for miles yet again another awesome sight which really brings your travelling imagination to life.
Once in Banos the first person I bump into is the superstar Luis who works with me in Quito, he is at the ready to find Crystal a hostel and then onto Beers and Mexican food in his friends new restaurant.


Next day Crystal and I head out on our $5 rental bikes…. Yes we were cheap and decided to get $5 not the $10 bikes and did are bums feel it by the end! We then took to the descending road heading towards Puyo which has waterfall after waterfall for 60km. Here are some of the photos to show you just how breathtaking this route is.  









         

No comments:

Post a Comment