Saturday, June 8, 2013

Wedding Day Blues


So today was meant to be my wedding day the dress hanging in my mother’s wardrobe and the bridesmaid dresses still unmade and untouched. For the last month I have been slowly falling apart (apologies to all friends involved) as I desperately try to sort the positive from the negative thoughts in my head, I view my brain to be the same as the back of a work station with computer wires tangled and twisted so I can’t make out the start or end points. However, today I have unplugged everything and started to lay the wires out into neat rows. Last night I boarded an over night bus with the lovely Fernanda and Jo then headed to the beach, Sun, Fun and what was it….. oh yes Sand! Are more than needed this weekend to give me that final push to make it though. So here we are staying with the multi talented Patricio and Jaana in their new beautiful Kotona bistro.
For the last two weeks I have desperately been trying not to be alone with the thoughts of what could have been, but today I found a quiet place and made a list of why of the situation and events are for the best. I feel these are a little too personal to post on here, I can tell you I feel better straightening these thoughts in my own head. There are still so many things in life I want to do but to be honest I am going to stop looking for these things and just live for now! It took a long time to stop asking ‘why me?’ Now I am just asking what fun and trouble can I enjoy today, because even next week seems like too long term planning.  
Now I have been told about a club here in Manta and I think it sounds like the perfect wedding night with Salsa, mojitos and laughs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment