Saturday, June 22, 2013

Baños broke me …….again!


So the fatal mistake of mixing 6 excited girls, drinks and Banos resulted in a black eye, a chipped tooth and a pulled back muscle …… But great fun! So Friday night we all head to Banos in Marco’s car I have full intentions of catching up on some zzzz till Marco announces there is a bottle of jack in the back of the car….. wooohoooo NOW let the fun begin!
So we arrived late on Friday night and instead of going to bed we hit Banos town big time, remember the toy cars that you pull back, release and watch going flying forward? They are the perfect example of us after hours in a car with a bottle of jack! After being in the hostel for a matter of half an hour we were told to be quiet twice …… so its only fair for us to take our excitement and noise to the nearest bar. No idea what time we got home but for the love of god we just couldn’t find anywhere that was still selling alcohol, so at a guess it was late.

The next morning I woke up on top bunk, how I got up there the night before I have no idea. So I hang my head over the side to see which sleeping beauty is below me and the lovely Heather with last nights make up on is still giving big ZZZZZ. So what to do? I’m bored, stuck on top bunk ( like really no idea how I made it up there as I cant get down sober) and feeling a little sick if I am honest. So I start to cough and rock the bed a little, heather wasn’t as pleased to see my smiling upside down face as I had hoped!   
So that mornings rafting trip was out of the window, not a hope in hell of getting us on a boat! So as Delia and Heather look around for a tour operator to take us that afternoon I head to Café Hood to meet up with Claire and Jorge, after a couple of Jorge’s strong coffees the world is calm again and I start to enjoy hearing what they have been up to since my last visit.  Delia and Heather join us with some great and not so great news, they have sorted rafting but also booked us on a disco bus that night. I have a pet hate for all drunken knobs on these types of things…… looks like I will be one of these drunken knobs tonight!
We also made a new friend, he is called Albert and is imaginary! So wherever we go we have to save a space for Albert also share our food and drink with him, some very confusing looks when we were having a conversation with an empty chair and sharing our breakfast with it…… in our heads it was the funniest thing ever! So after enjoying wine and Jenga, which Albert kept losing at, may I mention! We head off to rafting on the back of a pick up, this was extremely uncomfortable and not the best idea after the night before’s consumption levels. One of us finished the ride over the back of the truck vomiting as we were still moving and the other two clinging to our stomachs hoping not to go the same way……. Classy ladies we know! 
However, the rafting was amazing! So much fun and so much laughing, once again we were the loudest and I feel the serious medical students who were unfortunate enough to be placed with us really did hate us…… oh well we had fun! As we hit the first rapid we are screaming for him to tip the boat and having the rest of the group asking not too….. and we do a half flip leaving only Delia and I in the boat ( the two who wanted to flip). The guide starts to shout at us to paddle but the ors are all over the river so what to do but doggy paddle over the side, which results in us just laughing in hysterics! The first person we pick up is a terrified small medical student as I try to lift her back into the boat I cant for laughing so hard at just how petrified her face is…… like she has just gone down with the Titanic! I know I was being mean but I just couldn’t stop laughing. In the end the guild had to come to the front and lift her in, she just glared at me as she fell into the boat. I feel my apology was not quite believed as I struggled to keep a straight face!

Later that night as I am getting ready to be a drunken knob on the vengabus I look in the mirror to find I have a bruise across my cheek, of course I blame Delia for this as she was the closest to me on the raft and I wouldn’t put it past her! However, it could have been the angry little medical student and who could blame her? This will stay a mystery ( but really it was Delia).
So the vengabus…… what to say? I LOVED it! Absolutely brilliant and done it in true classy fashion with a carton of wine with a bendy straw, which was later use to do Madonna impressions! So the vengabus takes us up to a view point to see the volcano, by this point we are drunk and have no interest in such cultural things, which is good as its so cloudy you cant see anything but yet people are still staring out at…… NOTHING! We lose Esther and the other two as soon as we get there, once again like the pull back cars we are released and go running off! Fear not I am still with Albert, Delia and Heather so we proceed to walk around the large groups of people whispering but in a loud voice Esssttthhheeerrrr. Now I know your thinking how do you whisper in a loud voice? Picture the girl from the Exorcist, now imagine being stood looking out at the so called volcano enjoying a quiet time and having that bad voice coming up behind you! We gave a great name to all tourists that night!
Back onto the vengabus with cartons of wine, pole dancing ( always happens in Banos) and disapproving looks we get back to Banos. That night I try and fail to dance instead I start demanding fried chicken ( in a scouse accent for some reason) ,  luckily Deila is the pro at finding good chicken and the 3 of us sorry 4 keep forgetting Albert enjoy chicken and chips at daft o clock.

Sunday morning was a bad day a very bad day in my books, we departed late from the hostel so no time for coffee! As I am stood painfully with a pulled back muscle drinking bad coffee for a street stall I run my tongue over my back tooth to find half of it missing! I mean really how the hell did I not notice doing that? As the famous dark mood of hungover Michelle enters I now apologise to everyone I was rude to…… Peaceful, respectful and well lets not go too far Michelle is back, I promise x                     


No comments:

Post a Comment