Monday, June 24, 2013

Dating in Ecuador


When I first decided to travel to South America I had visions of tropical white sandy beaches filled with tanned hot men with ponytails drinking Cuba Libres out of coconuts. In reality most of the men I have come across have large bellies that they like to roll their tee shirt up and tuck between their man boobs and their proud large round stomachs….. not the vision I had hoped for! However, the beaches are to die for once you get past the ‘ psss princesa, hermosa’ or ‘hola Guapa’ or my personal favourite ‘Que rico’ from the passing local gentlemen. Not all the guys are like this and lets be honest we have our own fair share of dickheads in the UK, Quito guys are a little more tactful when your walking in the street but once they open the doors to the guys on Ladies night……. For the love of god who teaches these boys the most appalling chat up lines? Oh that’s right me! I have one student who if he does well in class that week I give him one chat up line in English. For all my Quito girlfriends….. I am sorry it was me! He loves Friday chat up line time, you have beautiful eyes, Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? ( good use of past tense I feel) and for this one I am truly sorry but I was running out of the none offensive and had to pull out this old cracker…… Get your coat you have pulled! I’m sorry…..  But it’s better than the same old four words that some them only know- Hello Baby, My Love….
As you can tell my dating experiences are going well here in Quito.

                
I wanted to check I was not just being unfortunate so asked some of the girls if they also had these experiences, oh yes and here are their top Ecuadorian chat ups-
"Gracias a dios por tu pecho" from a taxi driver. Thank god for your chest.

"Baja la blusa un poquito mas"

"You know, I don't like dating Ecuadorian women anymore. I prefer gringas. Wanna know why?" Me, "not really." Him, " because you have to buy them dinner and everything. Gringas are so much easier!" Thank you!

I love when grown men call ‘mi mami’... So Freudian

No comments:

Post a Comment